I was thinking about yesterday, when we went to see Chelle's sister play her basketball game. It got over and we were walking out when she came back from the dressing room and asked us if we knew how much they'd lost by, we said Yeah, we saw most of the game. She hadn't even seen us. We'd sat there, hurried from what it was we'd been doing when her game started, sat on the bleachers and watched. To show our support for her. And she didn't even notice. Which was alright, not a big deal at all, we'd had fun being there and chatting with those around us.
It made me think though of the times perhaps I have had others cheering for me, wanting what is best and being there to support me, when I didn't even bother to look up in the "bleachers" and appreciate it. How many people have been there through my life, affecting it in countless ways, and I didn't even know it.
And then there are those who I do know the affect they've had on my life. While on our walk the topic of boys came up (hey, we're girls, what can you expect?) and I started thinking of all the things I have learned from certain men that have come into my life. Even certain women. For the most part, those who have past, I know what roles they played. But for those who are still here, I don't quite know. Which is fine, their role is not finished.
I've learned a lot from those people. All of them.
I learned that I can't fix everyone's hurts, I am not the answer to every question, I cannot be what someone sees me as when it is not true to my heart. I have learned the unique power that comes from doing what you know is right. I have learned that sometimes it's all you can do to just let them know you love them. I have learned I can love someone in an unselfish way, I have learned to not let someone else's voice speak for my own. I have learned to guard myself. I have learned that while I am not the answer to EVERY question others have, I do need to get my own answers, and sometimes, they are within myself. I have learned to not make excuses for behavior, my own included. I have learned to be a friend. I have learned how to genuinely pray. I have learned to hurt. I have learned it is possible to be happy despite what anyone else has to say. I have learned what it feels like to float on the clouds, and that sometimes things come crashing down, but others, when it's really right, will just gently set you down on steady ground. I have learned how to share. I have learned to control my jealousy. I have learned how to open my soul to the strength I have in Christ. I have learned that sometimes things need to get ugly so you can really appreciate the beauty. I have learned that I have lost much, but gained all I ever need. I have learned to cry. I have truly learned that I am not perfect. I have learned to laugh. I have learned from the past, so that my future can be all the more brighter.
These are all things I have learned, and will continue to learn everyday, on different levels and different situations of life. But that's what life is, learning.

I am going to sleep on this. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThis has been an inspiration to read- an exhilaration of thought.