Oh blargh. So guess what. Well... as much as I love Chelle and how wonderful of a friend she is, I can't help but wish I was going to Utah for Valentines instead... Terrible I know right? Valentines Day is way overrated as it is. Doesn't change the fact that I wish I could go to the dance and see sappy couples fawning all over each other, see my lovestruck friends and laugh at their ridiculousness, simply because I was there once. Not now, but once upon a time.
No, instead, I am going to... go to the dance up here probably, Friday the 13th just doesn't help an already struggling cause. The dances up here... are terrible underattended. Oh well?
We had to move the girl's sleepover because of it though. Lol, those poor children. I've probably moved it four or five times now, and I still have no clue when we're going to be able to do the guy's thing. BUT! I have money now which means I can get the treats for the kids. That I've needed to buy for like three weeks now. Seriously, so much of everything goes into teaching. Money, heart, love, pain, sweat, tears, frustration and joy.
Anyway, then on Saturday Chelle and I are going to Missoula to wander around the mall, eat at Perkins, and just be. Then home again to watch North and South, which, says Chelle "has the best kiss ever" This little part of me seriously wonders why in the world I am going to spend Valentines night watching someone else make out and be all lovey-dovey. Talk about pathetic. lol, but such is life.
I used to love Valentines Day. My family celebrates it wonderfully. Late the night before my parents set our places on the table, with valentines, roses, and candy and then usually mom makes heart shaped pancakes and we're just reminded how much they love us.
Now this year... I get to be here. Instead of there. And be reminded how thoroughly I do not have a 'someone', let alone my siblings and parents. But I did write them notes that my grandma will deliver before she leaves to Mexico.
Oh, that's another thing. We are getting the leech lines redone for the septic system, and that means water is basically out of the question for the rest of the week. Lis was complaining all loud about it, James and Grandma are deserting, one to work and the other to vacation. I tried to remind her that I'd still be here, but she came up with the "but you'll be teaching" excuse. Which isn't really an excuse, it's true. I'm teaching, and interning. Not home all day like she is. And Chelle offered to let me use her shower. So I'm set. Although truthfully I'd love to be home all day and 'suffer' with Lisa. It'd be fun.

Valentines day is an elaborate communist plot, that would take a politician to explain, such a politician, I am not. And therefore I will not try to explain it. Just remember, that people who celebrate valentines are, unbeknownst to them, supporting communism. Support american capitalism, ruin someones valentines day.
ReplyDelete