Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The whole kitn'caboodle (however you spell it)

So it's a gray cloudy day. Which is ok with me, I have decided to be happy. And working with kids always helps me be that. I just have to find the parts to be joyous about. Like the fact that I can be imperfect, and they still love me. I can screw up, and all of the sudden this look shows up in their faces like "Oh wow, wait, she's just like us..." Instead of an untouchable Teacher. Speaking of touch, there is this one girl, I love her, it's just that when she touches me... I have to steel myself for it. I think what it is is the fact that for her, touch is FOR her. Not giving mutually or healing, just taking. It's like I'm object. Hmmm.
And I smile at the fact that it doesn't matter how mad a certain boy gets at whatever we've been doing, he'll come up to me right after that and give me a hug. It pulls his, and honestly my own focuses back to the fact that really, it doesn't matter. Life goes on, and we keep learning. The angers and frustrations have their place, but their place is not everywhere.
Let's see... it's Wednesday. Katy comes home today!!!!!!!!!! For some reason I thought that she would be home yesterday, but I was reminded by my phone that it is in fact, today and wasn't yesterday. I wish I could be there to see the joy she brings back with her. My grandma needs more joy, and children it seems doesn't matter how old they are, but they always bring joy.
The Girl's class lesson last night was on Prayer. How much I needed that lesson, also other thing that I learned, yet again, how much God really does know what we need and the fact that he'll place us in situations or give us experiences to help us see and confirm what we already know, in some small part of ourselves.
We need to make Valentine's boxes, I think tomorrow will be a good plan. It was Johnny's birthday on Monday, so Friday is going to rather full of playing. And then no school on Monday again, that's going to be nice. I'm content. And happy.
"Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is older he shall not depart from it"
This scripture brings a few thoughts to mind. First how grateful I am to have the wonderful parents I have, secondly how incredible it is that I have the chance to help in the training of my students, and thridly, what an awesome responsibility it will be to be a parent someday.
And then the memory of Nathaniel, at like age five, reciting that because it was his memory verse for the week. Such a cute little boy. Also, that time he was praying for those who have chicken pox and duck pox. Priceless moment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment