Well, I'm back :D Home to Montana and in the last stretch of the school year. CRAZY. I love life so much right now, it's wonderful.
This past week and a half, so much has happened. I'm really excited to be able to move home and be with my family again.
It was neat, being with them and realizing how much teaching has changed me. I have more patience for one. My baby sister was making a mess with a roll of toilet paper, and while most of my family would have just grabbed it away from her, I didn't, and I didn't let them either. Yes, toilet paper isn't exactly the most cheap item, but it's also less important than a teaching opportunity I saw. I asked her Chauntay, please give me that roll of toilet paper. When she didn't I said "you can either give me the roll, or you're going to have to clean up your mess, those are your options". She kept pulling it off the roll and looking at it and looking at me, maybe kind of expecting me to grab it away from her? Anyway, I let her make a mess but made it clear she'd have to clean it up. After a while she crawled over and handed me the only slightly ruined roll. Then I picked her up and said, "ok, time to go clean up your mess" we got a bag out of the pantry and collected the pieces- I was mostly showing her how to do it but she got the idea before we'd finished and she held the bag all the way over to the trash can where I had her throw it away. And then I clapped for her, congratulating her for cleaning her mess. Then we went and told Mommy what we'd done.
Not bad for a 10 month old don't you think?

No comments:
Post a Comment