I'm not a teacher anymore. At least, not here. Not to those kids.
It's done.
Today was our awards assembly and final goodbyes. I'll miss them. Thankfully though, I can see these kids walking down the street and playing at the park. It will do my heart good.
And now that it's over, I'd like to introduce you to the 14 people I've fallen in love with over these past 8 months.
My Kids
Jeff- red headed fiery spirited boy. A whiz at Math and a lover of sports. He's got a lot of energy, and will do well in anything he wants to.
Johnny- an artistic child, his pictures often had more detail in one of them than others had in six different projects put together. His sense of humor and sensitivity is something I've come to love so much.
Sylvia- this smartie took school off for about a month due to injuries, and jumped right back in to finish the school year at the top of the class
Seth- he is EXTREMELY quiet. Hardly ever smiles. And very... reserved, even withdrawn. But get him away from an adult setting, one where he is expected to be quiet, and he blossoms out into a hilarious character that can make all of us roll on the ground with laughter. His smiles and laughter are treasures.
Kailey- One word to sum up her is: Angel. She is a perfectly well behaved little girl. Always willing to learn and try something new. She's just gorgeous and so kind.
Russell- Wow. I cannot tell you how much I admire this boy. He... is just incredible. Not exactly a "straight A student" but he has a wisdom much further than any books could teach. Crazy and rowdy, full of life, and I love it. A genuine leader who doesn't overpower, but rather allows each person to add to the strength of the group. It's been a privilege to see him work with others.
Rosalie- Funny, sweet Rosalie. She brought me enough flowers over this past year to fill an entire flower shop.
Mika- Now, this girl is one I've had to learn to love, a little bit more than the others. Maybe it's just that our personalities clash a bit. She loves drama and will often be the cause or right in the middle of it. Very caring though, and I honestly don't know how we'd have gotten through the year without her.
Michael- he is what I'd have to call my 'problem child'. More than that anything with him, I've had to learn how to deal with his parents. That has been an adventure. He's SO CLOSE though. So close! to getting it. To understanding that he is worth it, and that learning really does matter. I just hope he doesn't give up on it before he learns how rewarding it is.
Michaela- A sweet child. She is a hard worker and will take her time on a project, often to the point of dawdling, but in the end it's worth every minute she spent on it.
Alley- Gorgeous, wonderful, helpful, incredible girl. I love her so much. Her little eyes light up when she understands something like it's the most wonderful thing in the world! And I just loved being able to see it.
Alano- This is 'my' boy. The one I've cried more tears of frustration over and laughed at his silly stubbornness time and time again. He really does love more than he'll ever want to admit
Aubrey- My letter girl. We exchanged notes time and time again- just little things that helped us connect.
Alexia- I know I'm not supposed to pick favorites, but they all are, in their different ways. I love Lexy because she is most like me. Except about ten times more talkative. haha
And those are my kids. The ones I will look forward to seeing graduate, marry, and have kids. All the while thinking "I taught them once upon a time!"

No comments:
Post a Comment