Monday, May 18, 2009

Student Teacher

This morning I was talking to my boyfriend and somehow we got on to the subject of proxy teachers. I know what it was, I made some comment about how I had 14 people telling me what I am doing wrong whenever I mess up and how I've debated at different times through the school year, letting the kids be the teacher for the day. He asked why I hadn't done it and I thought "well why haven't I? Why can't I? It IS the end of the school year and honestly if we do get anything done it's nothing short of a miracle" So I did. Today I am not the teacher. Instead I get to sit in the back of the classroom grading stacks of papers that have been making guilty eyes at me for a while. While one of my girls is 'teaching'. It actually works perfectly because honestly today, I'm not feeling very well. Plus, this way I don't have to deal with a certain young man who lately thinks it's funny to throw very large, attention-gaining temper tantrums. Sure there is a lot more chaos as far as everyone else thinking that they can be the teacher too, but to be quite honest, it happens when I'm the teacher too.

No comments:

Post a Comment