Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May Snowstorm?

It's snowing :D Crazy huh? It was raining yesterday and I wanted to go play in it. When I got out there though it felt too cold and I sheepishly ran inside the warm house instead. My cousin teased me saying "it was actually really warm!" but I guess my Utah and Mexico blood was running a little thicker (or thinner, whichever way) than the Montana part. It was a lot warmer there than it is here.
Sunday I was able to find a ride up here, thankfully. My grandmother wanted to stay an extra week or so. Which I couldn't do. After a little bit of worry I found a ride, with my great-Uncle. He has a degree in Botany, and I learned a lot about the world I drive through every time I travel home to visit. Like the fact that there is a stream wandering through the hills and valley where before I only saw dry desert. And the many kinds of fish in all the streams up and around where we live. As well as the birds. It was good to be able to learn from his wisdom and hear what he had to say.
We also talked about the gospel (his favorite subject) and I really appreciated the insight and enthusiasm he holds for all topics. Amazing what you can learn in nine hours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment