Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What have you learned?

Tomorrow are PTC's! Ahhh!
It just hit last night. Yay for stresses! haha
We had a really good faculty meeting and I had the opportunity of talking with the principal about next year. Saddening to realize that this is just a one year thing, seriously I got really... sad.
All this, will no longer be my reality, just a memory with lasting effects.
We were discussing a certain young boy and he posed the question "Is he ready for 4th grade?"
...... wow. Ummm.
Honestly? I don't think so.... and that is something else that slightly really makes me sad. What have I done to really honestly prepare him for learning more? I mean. Yeah.
What do you do with that?
I hope that he has learned to be a better student, to learn more, but I seriously think he'd benefit from summer school or something. A tutor. One on one learning so he doesn't feel that he's lost in the crowd. Oh! IDEA! Maybe I can tutor him over the summer? Maybe? I don't know. Maybe even someone else
I feel it would be really beneficial though. Maybe I can talk with his parents and arrange something? Maybe? This will be cool to follow-up with.
Baby has a name now! Nolen Adan Stoker. Haha :) Out of 70 grandchildren he is the first to actually have been named directly after my grandfather Adan (pronounced Uh-don, for white people who slaughter the Spanish language lol). We have Adam's galore, but none with his exact name. Until now. Kind of cool to think about.
Been walking a lot lately, it's wonderful. I love the ability God has given us to DO things. To be able to walk, dance, and exercise. To grow. To change. Pretty incredible huh?

2 comments:

  1. Wow. You take on a lot or responsibility- and all the weight of guilt that may go along with it.

    Don't kick yourself too hard though, you go far knowing that you feel that way! Many a teacher just blames the one who is truggling and has little feel for that saying that a students performance is often direclty proportional to the quality of instruction and attitude they are taught by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it's good to see you!! Miss you tons and tons! I hope everything is going well in MT. Keep in touch please!

    ReplyDelete