Sunday, March 8, 2009

Just a Sunday

I went on a walk today. Alone but for the company of a dog. Which, proved to be more irritating than comforting. He likes to chase cars. Seriously I wanted to kick him.... but he's not my dog, he belongs to an uncle who left him at home when he moved away, so I can't really. You would think that after getting run over a couple of times he would realize that it's not exactly a smart idea, but no, not so much. He still does it.
I made a new chore chart for the kids, hopefully it works better than the last one. Always trying to improve.
I made a strawberry smoothie today and no one was home to help me eat it so I packed up and carted it over to Chelle's where her family and I enjoyed it. It was fun. We ended up reading from Faith, What and How again. That book is amazing and some day I'm going to read it all the way through.
It was talking about how we often use "Thy will be done" as a cop out. As an excuse for something not panning out. It differentiated between a few things though and explained it better in the book but basically when we know the will of God we need to not say "If it is Thy will" -we already know God's will. Ok, first of all we need to find out God's will, which is hard enough. But when we find out what his will is, we need to take responsibility and make it happen rather than saying "are you sure God?" and questioning his judgment. It was interesting to realize that again. I don't know, just go read the book and you'll understand more of what I am trying to explain :D

No comments:

Post a Comment