Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Human moments

So the teacher is sick today. It just struck me how we often see people, in a certain way, and don't really realize, that they can change, be weak, and hurt- just like us. I know as a student it never occurred to me that my teachers were anything but the very best, as I grew older, that pedestal I placed them on, didn't sink necessarily, I just came to realize a little more that they were just regular people with regular lives, who'd bothered to share their love of learning with others.

Haha so story- I'm afraid I have a kisser in the class. Two of my girls just came up and said that one of the boys (who is really rather socially inept) has been chasing them around and trying to kiss them, he'll get super close during Music class- they are doing a dancing number (p.s. if you ever teach, try not to inflict young children with the pain of having to actually touch let alone dance with a member of the opposite sex- they aren't too thrilled on the whole concept) Anyway, I'm not quite sure what to tell him... because he is someone who seems to defy logic. You say one thing and he blatanly denies it ever happened, you tell him something specifically, and he forgets. It's slightly problematic. Oh well. Here goes trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment