So today we didn't have school. I was supposed to go to work all day, but didn't, because I didn't sleep very well all night, woke up, puked, and decided I wasn't going in until almost noon. Which is ok because interning all day is exhausting, I've done it before, and even when I was feeling really great, it was still tiring. I'm learning to do decently- I can now assist with a filling procedure completely competently and that allows the other dental assistants to do other things besides stand there and make sure I'm doing it right. It's kinda neat. Still have to get better at a lot of the other procedures though. Sterilizing and lab work I love, and am rather good at as well- but dentists need girls who can do everything.
The fact that I'm left-handed also makes things a bit more complicated. As a dental assistant, you get some pretty amazing arm muscles, and to be honest... I haven't developed them yet. Haha.
But I love it, it's exhausting fun. Just like most of life. Why are grown-ups always so tired? Or maybe it's just me.... but growing up is overrated in my opinion. lol :)

No comments:
Post a Comment