Monday, April 13, 2009

The *not so* Brief Update

So a lot has been happening. Especially in about the past week/week and a half. Spring break began on the 3rd with a half day. I walked out the door that morning and found someone I hadn't expected to see for a while leaned up against the side of my house watching the snow fall. I was too stressed to be pleasantly surprised like I was the last time he randomly showed up- sadly.
Anyway, I invited him in and left him in the kitchen talking to my grandmother, while I went to school. He talked to her the whole time I was gone. It made me laugh, there aren't many friends I have who can do that, but he is one of them.
After school we had a good time, got ice cream, went on a walk, all the usual stuff. Talked. It was good.
He'd come up for the youth retreat that Saturday and Sunday.
That is a whole 'nother story. Let's just say 36 hours and about 15 hours of sleep, don't sit too well with me. I was cranky. And all the stress that'd built up over these past few weeks was only beginning to come out.
Anyway, we got home Sunday afternoon, and stayed up until four that morning, talking again. Long story short, we knew we were going to be in major trouble but it had needed to happen :)
My parents found out the next day... when I walked in the door my uncle was wide awake. I was too tired to care though, I was going to tell them anyway, I just hadn't expected it to be like that. Oh well.
So Monday I travelled home, here to Utah, and that night he came over to my parents home and we straightened things out with them, telling them what we'd talked about and decided so late at night.
Bottom line is.... we're not talking for a month, absolute no contact, and then sometime in the future we're getting back together again. Super happy to finally be able to say that, and my parents are rather relieved we finally owned up to what was going on instead of insisting to 'just be friends'. Haha.
Tuesday I went to go see a friend from my old work and that night I left for my 'disappearing' with my girl friends. I was really really tired and actually we were supposed to have left that morning but I begged them to postpone it a little.
We went to Cedar City (for the first time I can ever remember going there, sad huh?) and stayed with one of the girl's aunts that first night. Then on to Saint George where we spent Wednesday and Thursday. I think we all learned a lot on that trip. Not that it actually came to outright fights or anything, but I realized how much I have changed, who I am. Seeing these girls that I've grown up with since before I can remember, and to see how we have changed, how we are different, and where we are the same, was really a needed experience. And we had fun too.
I found my wedding dress! Just kidding, actually, at the DI for $100, pretty much amazing. It was adorable and only needed a jacket for sleeves or something. It's a pity I didn't have $100 to spare. haha.
We took crazy pictures, fell asleep in the sun, played around in the pool, and did other sorts of insane things that only best friends can do and actually make look good.
Friday we came home, and I spent time with the family. Can I just say how much I'm looking forward to moving home with my family and the community we live in? It's wonderful.
Saturday morning I woke up with all the intentions of getting my car re-registered... and ended up crashing it into a cement barrier at the gas station, deploying the passenger side air bag and leaving even MORE repairs to be done. Seriously, it was really rather hard to see the bright spot in the whole mess. I still don't know how I'm going to be able to pay for it. But it's in God's hands and He'll provide. I do know that I'm grateful no one was hurt and that the damage was minimal.
At this point I was totally NOT in the mood to attend the dance that night and in desparate need of girl time so I called up my best friend Courtney and we arranged to meet up and hang out. But first there were other things to do. Like drive my sister to her friends house and meet up with a friend who'd been insisting we needed to talk face to face for a while. He was right. The conversation needed to take place, there were too many miscommunications that had to be cleared up. It happened, life goes on. What needed to be said was said. Granted it could have taken place better than it did. But the past is in the past.
After that I got to spend hours with Court, catching up on everything. Oh there was tons to cover. Then we drove up to Heber City to visit a friend I call Amazing Boy. He'd just gotten his wisdom teeth removed the day before and boy did I have sympathy for him!
The whole evening was wonderful and completely what I needed.
Sunday was a good day, Easter morning always seems to be beautiful, doesn't matter where you are. I was able to chat for a little bit with my engaged friend. He's marrying one of my best friends come this June, and has always been so encouraging and supportive of me and my dreams. Haha, unfortunately he seems to know that every girl in the world has at one point or another, had a crush on him. So he tends to think all girls love him. Which, he's right, about 90% of the time. It's just the other 10% he is oblivious to. And that makes me laugh.
Then we went over to my aunt's house and did an Easter Egg Hunt. Dad hid these Starburst jellybeans... I don't know if we ever did manage to find all of them. It was tons of fun.
Now I'm here, waiting for news on my car.... and hopefully I can get home in time to teach tomorrow morning. Life goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment