So..... I'm overhearing this conversation between a friend and her friend, my friend having been recently married to a super amazing guy, who just happens to want to have kids really soon. Like really soon. They've been married just over a month & a half & the poor girl is already stressing out over the fact that they aren't pregnant. I kind of... really want to laugh and cry for their situation.
Statistically speaking, if you are 20 years old, have all your ducks in a row, and the timing perfect, you still have an 80% chance of 'failure' to concieve.
Which, made me feel better when I heard that.
80% of couples are able to concieve within the first year of trying, 93% within the first 2 years of trying.
So there is nothing wrong with not getting pregnant right after you get married. I really wish people would take this into consideration.
But the truth of the matter is you don't even think about it until after you're married. I mean, yes you kind of give it a few thoughts before the "I do's" but you don't spend hours and days wondering if this time is 'the time' and you'll get a positive on that pregnancy test. Or if some little change in the schedule of your body might mean something's different this time.
And the thought that something might be seriously wrong with your body doesn't really cross your mind until you're married. And the honest jealousies & unresolved emotions don't set in until you've watch other friends concieve & have their babies in the time since you've been married.
The rest of the women population who were able to have a baby soon after, or without even trying, will never understand that.
But there are a few jewel women who do. You're never alone, someone DOES understand the heartache and heartbreak.
And that knowledge, gives me strength.

No comments:
Post a Comment