


This lovely old building now looks like this:
And I can't even tell you how sad that makes me.
This building is where I was privileged to perform in a wonderful Thanksgiving program & where later I was asked out on a date by my crush at the time. It was a storybook evening & I truly felt like a princess (later things didn't pan out but that didn't matter at the time, nor does it now.)
Not to mention all the times passing this building would make me think of all the wonderful people who have been able to see this and hold it as a part of what Provo was & is today.
Yes I know I don't have nearly the history & amount of memories with this particular structure that some of my friends have, but I have my own memories. Memories that every time I'd pass this building would come back & make me smile.
Now that's literally gone in an evening. The roof collapsed on the building & they are going to do an evaluation to see if the building needs to be torn down because it might no longer be structurally sound.
And that sickens me.

No comments:
Post a Comment