Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Crabby Posting

***WARNING***- the following post is coming from current frustrations & do not necessarily indicate that anything is seriously wrong with my life, just know that I might sound considerably whiney & thoroughly candid. If that's something you'd rather not read, then don't.




I've decided that I will more than likely be one of those old ladies who is really rather abrupt & rude to irritating things/people. One of those ones who you will think of and say "well she's old enough I guess she's entitled to complaining" -or something like that.
I'm pretty sure I've already started on the path.

Since becoming ill last Thursday I've found incredible annoyance from noise I don't deem necessary, people who don't shut doors when the temperature is anywhere near below 45 degrees Fahrenheit (Seriously guys, what's so freaking hard about shutting the dang door?) also, people who don't listen to me (which is becoming more & more common as I continue to struggle with a lost voice & coughing,) people who ask for help with things I deem stupid (my current atittude towards that is: if you can't do it already by yourself either MOVE OVER and let me just do it already, or just don't do it. More often the latter.)

Another thing I don't quite understand is how men still want to be intimate at a time when their spouse is sick.
What part of either hacking out a lung or running a fever & then having cold sweats spells romance & sex to you?
And then of course I feel slightly guilty & we might end up doing at least something which then leaves me again coughing til I fall asleep.

Which! Brings me to the next part. I am currently despising of sleep.
This is a typical night:

1-As the evening sets in, become increasingly chilled/start running a fever.

2-Climb in bed, depending on the position, that itself can start a coughing fit.

3-Say evening prayers, if it's hubby's turn he's chorused quite well with a few large hacking noises, if it's mine, I whisper/cough through the entirety, with large breaks between thoughts as I attempt to keep from coughing (during which hubby might fall asleep because this prayer has stretched for so long)

4-It's at this point we say/kiss goodnight & hubby rolls away to sleep because there is no way he could possibly be comfortable enough snuggled next to something that coughs every few minutes & at this point is really rather warm.

5-I then proceed to cough/rest/cough/rest/cough, hubby usually falls asleep during this time.

6-It continues like this until somehow I do manage to fall asleep (I think?) where I either dream of coughing/wake myself up by coughing or breakout into a cold sweat while asleep & then proceed to wake up drenched & freezing again.

7- Repeat steps 5 & 6 (with the exception that hubby is still asleep through it all. Thank Goodness!)

Can you not see why now I so dislike the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment