Sunday, June 28, 2009

The veil, and more!

One more post for the day.


Thankfully, this evening Sam and I got to spend a good deal of time on the phone going over details and wedding plans that really hadn't been all that much discussed.


Here's the update:

~ White Tux for him- with a red shirt that matches the shade of red we're using everywhere else. (YAY!)
~ A red ribbon for me- to match him. (Yes I know it's not exactly traditional, but it'll look cute!)
~ Less formal flowers. He's always liked roses. I love daisies. Like I said. We'll have to mix them :) But then again, since we aren't planning on having a line (yes, GASP!), it'll help relax the atmosphere to have a more casual tone. We still need to get with the florist and figure out what flowers are in season that time of year.
~ The groomsmen are just going to have matching shirts (I'm thinking brown?) and whatever nice black pants they have in their closet.
~ As you have seen in the above photo, my veil. Purchased from Ebay at $9.99. Seriously, it's awesome. I really love that place. And again, free shipping. My hair will be down, so I didn't want something big that will completely hide it since, I have to admit, my hair isn't all that long right now anyway. The hair'll be curled or scrunched or something like that. But not up.
~ As far as the program, we know we're having one. And we know at least one if not two of the numbers. After that? Not so much.
~ Bridal photo shoot. He's gonna be there! Fun times! Except that he's not all that into getting pictures taken. Keep it short and sweet. That's the plan. Oh, and thankfully we've got a few family and friend photographers who do good work and are willing to do it for free. We did toss around the idea of going with the same lady who did Brig and Mandy's reception as well as Mike and Sharon's, Liz Bowles. Her whole wedding package is $300 and she's worth every penny. The only thing is, we don't really have a penny, let alone $300 to spend on a photographer.
~ Dancing. Yes! Super excited about that! And, instead of just the typical Daddy/Daughter dance, we are going to have a Mother/Son dance too. But, to be merciful to all concerned, mostly the onlookers who really don't want to have to sit through three songs simply watching people dance, we are going to combine the Mother/Son and Daddy/Daughter dances by using a song that will work for both. Yay! Still sort of debating if doing a Dollar dance will be of good use or not.
~ We have the location!!!!! A family friend was phoned this evening and it took less than three minutes to have her completely for it :) Best part of all, the only cost will be that of making the yard presentable.
~ Still no exact date, but that's kind of something we can't figure out until other things are taken care of.
~ Oh, and we've decided to get married and have the reception on the same day. The only reserve I had about that, is that if I'm not 100% confident that things will go well and smoothly and that there is a competent person to deal with the managing of it all, I'm going to be the one stressing about it and trying to run around getting things figured out. But, we'll just have to prevent that right?
~ Oh yes, and no recieving line. Sam hates receptions. He does. He's not the kind of person who goes to them just for the sake of going. Really. And his brother's recent reception just added to his shying away from them. He's much more for the small, intimate dinner sort of thingy. But, he's being a sweetheart and granting my wish for a reception.
~ Lol, I never thought I'd be saying this, but we're doing a garter. *nervous laugh* haha. *nervous laugh again*
~ For the bouquet toss, I want to do what James and Martene did, rather than the typical (and stupid) crowding and almost killing, of the unmarried girls.
~ Oh. And I'm wearing big comfy slippers. That is one condition I've had for like a year now. No killer heels. I hate heels. Not so sure how I'll pull off the dancing in the slippers exactly? But then again, there's always barefoot :D

Can I just tell you how much more fun it is to do things together than it is doing it alone? I love hearing his input. Knowing that it's 'us' deciding rather than just me, myself and I

Mostly all this has been me getting thoughts down so that I won't lose them. To those who were utterly bored by it, I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment