Tuesday, September 7, 2010

We've moved!

Yep, it's true! To my grandma's home in West Jordan. We're almost all the way through everything... our room is still a slight disaster. It'll get there though.
I want to just take this opportunity to say how grateful I am that we had the experience of living with Sam's parents for the past six/seven months :) I honestly think it was the best thing for us. You see before Sam & I got married we didn't spend a lot of time around his family... I didn't necessarily feel like I had a place in their family, it's well established & there are older siblings already married & so I all the sudden went from a well-known place of Oldest Daughter & Child, to somewhere in the middle of somewhere. It was rather... different. But now I have relationships with his family, and I don't feel such a stranger.
Oh it hasn't necessarily been all peachy keen all the time, there were plenty of frustrations & hurt feelings, stepped on toes & unsaid/unmet expectations. And washing dishes for 14+ people did get overwhelming more often than not. I'm as guilty as the next person of not pulling my 'full weight' sometimes.
Through it all I've learned firsthand a lot about the family I married into, about my husband, and about myself. And I love them :)
I am grateful for this chance to have more space though. And to actually cook our own food *gasp!* haha

No comments:

Post a Comment