Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm spoiled

In lots of ways. The most recent one I've realized is that for the past three months of married life, my husband has been blessed enough to have work close enough to home that he is there for lunch and always home at the end of the day -even if that is nine o'clock at night. Now that he has to go out of town to find work I feel slightly gypped (is that how you spell it?) because my best friend and almost constant companion is no longer around even near the amount he used to be. It doesn't help that where he is currently has horrible cell phone reception and so phone calls are a mixture of static and blank spots with words sometimes coming through. Just makes me miss him more. :) I'm not complaining... really. I've simply realized that life is changing and for now at least, there is a large chance he'll be away from home more than at home.
It helps that I get to stay with my parents while he's gone, I think the only thing worse than sleeping away from him is sleeping in our bed away from him. But that is something I'll have to face in the future as well.
Anyway, I hope everyone's New Year started off well and even if it didn't, life always gets better. Trust me. A year ago New Year's Eve I was hating the situation I was in and probably hadn't had such a crappy night in a long while before or since. This year though, was a completely different story. Going through crap makes you grateful for some semblance of normalacy where everything isn't so completely screwed up you feel like screaming.
With that happy thought I'll sign off (haha) but really, remember that the story of tomorrow is yet to be written, and it can contain anything you want it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment