And it's been two weeks since Sam caught a plane that took him away from me, and dropped him in the middle of the Pacific Ocean (ok technically he caught three different planes to get there, but same diff.) Hopefully this is the halfway marker, it's supposed to be, but I've learned quickly that oftentimes "a half an hour" will turn into three, four, six, hours- when it comes to work. So I have to keep telling myself, two and a half weeks, two and a half weeks. Because that way there is a little more leeway for him to be later than planned. Not that I want him to be, it's just this way if he comes home sooner
than two and a half weeks, I'll be even more overjoyed :)
than two and a half weeks, I'll be even more overjoyed :)This is a brief shot of the 'dry side' of the big island where he is working
It's been a challenge to have him away, I find that weekends are usually the worst because on the whole we both are less busy, and have more time to think about the fact that we aren't together. And that's a really not fun feeling.
One of the coolest things I've discovered about being married to him/having him in my life, is that we tend to freak out at different times- and that while one of us is spazzing out, the other can be the voice of reason and just a little bit more in focus. And then often times it will switch just a little way down the road. It's funny to me :)
Anyway, time for me to sign off, dinner is in need of being reheated (leftover homemade chili, yum!)


The sunset from where he was yesterday evening
Hey LeAndra!
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you are still going on your blog though I have been such a slacker to do any of my own or visit my friends sites.
Its fun to see you are still living well and getting the fun experiences God has given to us to gain in this life. Life sometimes is simply just living.